13 Feb 2018

Collection Addiction #9


Collection Addiction #9
As far as labels go, Extremely Rotten Productions are definitely among my favourites. And with a selection like this, any rotten-to-the-gore death metal fanatic should agree.



Phrenelith: Desolate Endscape (Vinyl and Tape)
One of 2017s biggest hits in the death metal community, Phrenelith really took the world by storm with this behemoth of an album. It's brimming with atmosphere and flavour, bursting with explosive riffs and great vocals performances. If you haven't already checked it out, it's an absolute MUST for death metal fans. I included it in my top 10 albums of 2017 and absolutely had to have it on both vinyl and tape.

Undergang: Misantropologi (Vinyl and Tape)
Like Desolate Endscape, Misantropologi was definitely an essential death metal album in 2017. Undergang never disappoints; This, their fourth full length album, is as heavy, rotten and knuckle-dragging as you could possibly want. And like Phrenelith's debut, this one was also included in my top 10 albums of 2017.

Undergang: Indhentet af Døden (Tape)
Undergang: Til Dødens of Skiller (Tape)
Undergang: Døden Læger Alle Sår (Tape)
I already have all these albums on vinyl and CD. There are precious few bands where I allow my completionist tendencies to take over, but Undergang is one of them. Add to that the fact that ERP's tapes are always really well done, and you've got a winner. But like an idiot I forgot to order the CD version of Misantropologi. That'll have to be some other time.

Taphos: Premonition (Tape)
Taphos: Taphos (7")
I've been cutting back on buying 7" releases because I find that I usually don't listen to them all that much compared to other formats. But when a newcomer like Taphos hits the scene, I can't resist. Taphos' early Morbid Angel/Incantation vibe is incredibly enthralling and adeptly contrasts the heaviness of most other death metal bands currently out there. If you haven't listened to Taphos yet, I urge you to give them a listen RIGHT NOW! Add Sulphurous and Deiquisitor (both from Denmark) to that list while you're at it.

That's it for this installment. The next segments will come whenever I get new stuff worth posting. Smaller hauls will likely get thrown together for one larger post.


My collection on Discogs
Follow TONEwood on Facebook!

No comments:

Post a Comment